Last Updated: February 17, 2016
This policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit the Site or when you access or use the Mobile Application or other features, functions, services products and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting and disclosing that information.
This policy applies to information we collect:
- In accessing and using the Mobile Application.
- In accessing and using the Site
- In e-mail, text and other electronic messages between you and the Site.
- When you interact with other users of the Mobile Application.
- When you send photos and other content through the Mobile Application.
- When you interact with our advertising and applications on third-party websites and services.
- Through services provided to us by companies, agents or contractors.
- Through services provided to you by companies, agents or contractors.
It does not apply to information collected by:
- Us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by TSC or any Third party; or
- Any third party, including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on the Site or the Mobile Application.
Minors under the Age of 18
Neither the Site nor the Mobile Application is intended for minors under 18 years of age. No one under age 13 may provide any information to or on the Site or on or through the Mobile Application. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you are under 18, do not use or provide any information on the Site or on or through the Mobile Application or any of its features/register on the Site, make any purchases through the Site or the Mobile Application, use any of the interactive or public comment features of the Site or the Mobile Application or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at Team@TheShootingClub.com.
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We collect or may collect several types of information from and about users of the Site and the Mobile Application, including:
- Information by which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address and e-mail address (“personal information”);
- Financial and billing information;
- Analytics information
- Information that is about you but individually does not identify you, such as IP address and date and time of visit;
- Information from your device, including contact information, and images and other information from your device’s camera and photos;
- Usage information, including how you communicate with other users of the Mobile Application and the Site, such as the time, date, sender, recipient of a picture, the number of messages you exchange with your friends, which friends you exchange messages with the most, and your interactions with messages (such as when you open a message or capture a screenshot);
- The content you provide and information about that content, such as if the recipient has viewed the content, replayed the content, and the metadata that is provided with the content;
- Information contained in the comments and postings on or through the Mobile Application or the Site;
- Device information such as the hardware model, operating system version, unique device identifiers, browser type, language, wireless network, and mobile network information (including the mobile phone number);
- Location information when you use the Mobile Application or the Site; and/or
- About your internet and mobiles connections, the equipment and operating system you use to access the Mobile Application and the Site usage details.
We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us.
- Automatically as you navigate through the Site or use the Mobile Application. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses and information collected through cookies, web beacons and other tracking technologies.
- From third parties, for example, our business partners and other third parties that provide us or you with certain services.
Certain web transactions may also involve you calling us or our calling you. Please be aware that we may monitor and in some cases record such calls for staff training or quality assurance purposes.
Personal Information Definition
Information You Provide to Us. The information we collect on or through the use of the Mobile Application or the Site may include:
- Information that you provide by registering or filling in forms or applications on or through the Mobile Application or the Site. This includes information provided in connection with registering to access and use the Mobile Application, posting photos, comments and other information or requesting further services or products. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with the Mobile Application or the Site.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including e-mail addresses), if you contact us.
- Your responses to surveys and questionnaires that we might ask you to complete for research and marketing purposes.
- Details of transactions you carry out through the Mobile Application or the Site, including any in-app purchases. You may be required to provide financial or payment information before being able to access certain features and services available through the Mobile Application or the Site.
- Your search queries on the Site.
You also may provide pictures, audio and video recordings, text, data, information and other input or any other content linked, posted, and/or submitted by you or other users to be published or displayed (hereinafter, “posted”) on the Site or the Mobile Application, or transmitted to other users of the Mobile Application or the Site or third parties (collectively, “User Content”). Your User Content is posted on and transmitted to others at your own risk. We cannot control the actions of other users of the Mobile Application or the Site with whom your User Content is shared. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Content will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
Information We Collect through Automatic Data Collection Technologies. As you navigate through and interact with the Mobile Application or the Site, we use or may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns, including:
- Details of your use of the Mobile Application or visits to the Site, including traffic data, location data, logs and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Mobile Application or the Site.
- Information about your computer, internet and mobile connection, including your IP address, operating system and browser type.
The information that we collect automatically is statistical data and does not include personal information, but we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties or you provide to us. It helps us to improve the Mobile Application and the Site and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize the Mobile Application and the Site according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to the Mobile Application or the Site.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of the Site may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from and on the Site. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies.
- Web Beacons. Pages of the TSC and our e-mails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags and single-pixel gifs) that permit TSC, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an e-mail and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
Third-party Responsibilities and Services.
We may use or partner with other third party companies, agents or contractors for various purposes in connection with our business and operations (“Service Providers”), including, billing and payments, relationship building, the marketing and growth of our business and the performance of services on our behalf, such as gathering and analyzing information and the provision of services to you. In the course of performing these responsibilities and providing such services, these other companies may have access to your information. We may also share information, including your information, with these Services Providers in order to enable them to perform these responsibilities and to provide these services. Many Services Providers have adopted their own privacy policies, which are not subject to control by TSC. You should always review the policies of these Service Providers to make sure that you are comfortable with the ways in which they collect, use, maintain, protect and disclose your information.
Use of Remarketing with Google Analytics and Google Adwords
You can set preferences for how Google advertises to you using the Google Ad Preferences page, and if You want to, You can opt out of interest-based advertising entirely by cookie settings or permanently using a browser plugin.
DoubleClick: We may use Google Analytics remarketing codes to log when users view specific pages or take specific actions on a website. This allows us to provide targeted advertising in the future. If You do not wish to receive this type of advertising from us in the future you can opt out using the DoubleClick opt-out page or the Network Advertising Initiative opt-out page.
Google has additional information available about its Remarketing Privacy Guidelines, Policies, and Restrictions on its website.
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To provide you the Mobile Application and the content and the other products and services that you request from us.
- To present the Site and its contents to you.
- To process and complete transactions, including in-app purchases, and send you related information.
- To send you promotional communications, such as providing you with information about services, features, surveys, newsletters, offers, promotions, contests and events; and providing other news or information about us and our select partners. You have the ability to opt out of receiving any of these communications through the unsubscribe mechanism at the bottom of the applicable email.
- To process and deliver contest sweepstakes information and rewards.
- To locate local shooting ranges and other local businesses.
- To invite “friends.”
- To enable Service Providers to perform certain responsibilities and provide certain services in connection with our business and operations.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To provide you with notices about your account.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- To notify you about changes to the Mobile Application or the Site and other products and services we offer or provide though it.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on the Mobile Application and/the Site.
- To personalize the services by, among other things, suggesting friends or profile information or providing advertisements, content, or features that match user profiles, interests, or previous activities.
- To enhance the safety and security of the Mobile Application and the Site and our products and services.
- To verify your identity and prevent fraud or other unauthorized or illegal activity.
- To enable marketing, remarketing and similar services from Service Providers, including advertisement on third party websites.
- To perform targeted and other advertising on third party websites.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
We may store any information that we collect (personal or otherwise) ourselves or in databases owned and maintained by our affiliates, agents or service providers. If you use the Mobile Application or the Site outside of the United States, information that we collect about you may be transferred to servers inside the United States and maintained indefinitely, which may involve the transfer of information out of countries located in the European Economic Area and other parts of the world unless otherwise prohibited by applicable law or agreed by TSC and you. By allowing TSC to collect information about you, you consent to such transfer and processing of such information without restriction. We may also store some information locally on your device. For example, we may store information as local cache so that you can open the Mobile Application and view content faster.
We may also use your information for direct and indirect marketing and on-line behavioral advertising regarding our own and third party products and services that we believe may be of interest to you. If you do not want us to use your information in this way, you may opt-out as described below in Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
Although users from all over the world may access the Site and the Mobile Application, keep in mind that no matter where you live or where you happen to use our services, you consent to us processing and transferring information in and to the United States and other countries whose data-protection and privacy laws may offer fewer protections than those in your home country.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To Service Providers, contractors and other third parties we use to support our business, including shooting ranges and gun sellers and manufacturers.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of TSC’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by TSC about users of the TSC Website or the Mobile Application is among the assets transferred.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- To enforce or apply the Terms and other agreements, including for billing and collection purposes.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of TSC, our customers or others.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Promotional Offers from TSC. If you do not wish to have your e-mail address/contact information used by TSC to promote our own or third parties’ products or services, you can opt-out through the unsubscribe mechanism at the bottom of the applicable email. This opt out does not apply to information provided to TSC as a result of a service or product purchase, warranty registration, product service experience or other transactions.
We do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. You may be able to opt out of receiving personalized advertisements from companies who are members of the Network Advertising Initiative or who subscribe to the Digital Advertising Alliance’s Self-Regulatory Principles for Online Behavioral Advertising. For more information about this practice and to understand your options, please visit: http://www.aboutads.info and http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices/. You may also use TRUSTe’s Preference Manager at http://preferences-mgr.truste.com.
Accessing and Correcting Your Information
You can review and change your personal information by logging into the Mobile Application and visiting your account profile page.
You may also send us an e-mail at Team@TheShootingClub.com to request access to, correct or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. We cannot delete your personal information except by also deleting your user account. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
If you delete your User Content from the Mobile Application or the Site, copies of your User Content may remain viewable in cached and archived pages, or might have been copied or stored by other users of the Mobile Application or the TSC Website. Proper access and use of information provided on the Site, including User Content, are governed by the Terms.
Your California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section § 1798.83 permits users of the Mobile Application or the Site that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org/theshootingclub or write to us at: The Shooting Club, 13121 Louetta Rd #915 Cypress, TX 77429.
We understand that the security of your personal information is important. We provide reasonable administrative, technical, and physical security controls to protect your personal information. However, despite our efforts, no security controls are 100% effective and TSC cannot ensure or warrant the security of your personal information. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Site.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of the Site and/or or the use of the Mobile Application, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. We urge you to be careful about giving out information in public areas of the Mobile Application or the Site. The information you share in public areas may be viewed by any user of the Mobile Application or the Site.
© Copyright The Shooting Club, Inc. 2016